Being in the Seychelles for 10 days is probably the most I have ever been. It’s a lovely postcard place to visit and if you do love nature and well, the movie theme of Jurassic park, then it could be your place to be. As much as I am of a nature lover, I still can’t deal with spiders. That’s what nature is all about right? In any case, Seychelles in my opinion isn’t for just everyone, it’s also for those who love outdoor hikes and is extremely comfortable with nature. Seychelles is a lovely place with lovely people and I am glad I got to experience it.
Seychelles has 115 granite and coral islands, of these, 41 inner islands constitute the oldest mid- oceanic granite island on earth white a further 74 form the 5 groups of low lying coral atolls and reef islets that are the outer islands.
Having said that, here are 10 Cool Things to Do in Seychelles
Travel Junkie Diary
1. Experience a Creole Cooking Class – The Four Seasons Resort in Seychelles offer that and if you do love to cook and if you are a foodie then you shouldn’t miss this one!
2. Go nature Hiking – It’s very popular to take hikes in Seychelles and reach the very top. Breathtaking views and interacting with nature. I personally did not have the chance to do so at Silouhette Island but they did offer that at Hilton Labriz. Anse Major is also another hike, Copolia and a notorious one is Dans gallas.
3. Local Art Gallery Discovery – A favorite one is local artist Alyssa Adams takes inspiration from the words of Cezanne. Her words “To look is to create what you see” and nothing could be more true to these words. Her paintings can also be found exclusively at The Four Seasons Resort in Seychelles and designed exclusively for guests in series of print.
4. Shopping at Victoria – Bohemian dresses, candles, beach cover ups and everything related to islands. A worth a visit to Victoria for a great bargain!
5. Island Hopping – The Inner Seychelles are granite islands and where most of the popular resorts are located . Island hopping can be done by air or by boat! There are efficient and regular ferry services between Mahe, La Digue and Praslin. To visit the other islands, a charter boat is required. There are package tours that take visitors to other islands too. From Mahe to Praslin there is the Cat Cocos catamaran that makes two or three return trips every day. The boat departs from Victoria, and the trip takes about 50 minutes. Including check-in time for a flight, the boat trip takes about the same time as the flight and is much cheaper. There is an air conditioned lounge and children under twelve travel for half fare. During the high season it is best to make reservations a day in advance of departure. See more here.
6. Go on a spa spree! – One of my favorite spas I have tried so far is at The Four Seasons Resort in Seychelles!
7. Bird Watching – If you are into that thing there are 12 endemic bird species!
8. Diving and Snorkeling – Famous for it’s corals and underwater life, the Seychelles is one of the best places to visit for diving and snorkeling. Baie Ternay Marine National Park is also known for one of the favorite dive locations in Seychelles
9. Swimming at the World’s Best Beaches – It’s true, the beaches have powdered white sand, turquoise water and a beautiful island feel to it. Anse Lazio, Anse Source D’argent, Petite Anse Bay at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles