From 12 January 2016, together with the launch of Premium Economy Class, customers from Dubai started to enjoy the next generation cabin products in First Class, Business and Economy class. With new design and improved functionality, customers will enjoy unparalleled comfort and service.
I got a chance to experience the award winning business class airlines first hand when traveling to Singapore with my 4 year old daughter. The results where incredible. We also learned few facts we did not know about Singapore Airlines.
Travel Junkie Diary
10 Facts on Singapore Airlines
- Each seat features a new fixed-back shell design with curved side panels to provide a clear demarcation of personal space, for added privacy.
- At 35 inches in width and with an increased bed length from 80 to 82 inches, it is one of the most spacious First Class products in the sky.
- The new First Class seat has new features such as a padded headboard for extra support and an additional mattress layer ensure customers enjoy a good rest.
- Extensive tests were carried out to determine the optimal light colour and intensity, with brightness adjustability. In addition to reading lights, the seat features ambient lighting, which not only accentuates the seat design but also serves as a night light in a dimmed cabin.
- A new state-of-the-art in-flight entertainment system. First Class flyers can enjoy the new KrisWorld on a sleek 24-inch LCD screen, with video touch-screen handsets.
- For Business Class – The seat offers greater recline at 132 degrees and features animproved ergonomic seat cushion.
- When converted, it becomes the industry’s widest full-flat bed, at 78 inches in length. The seat also features a padded headboard cushion for enhanced comfort.
- In addition, the new Business Class seat boasts two new seating positions – ‘Lazy Z’ and ‘Sundeck’
- An 18-inch LCD screen and video touch-screen handset for customers to enjoy the next generation KrisWorld, as well as an all-inone business panel including in-seat power supply, USB port, eXport and HDMI ports.
- Award winning airlines on : Best Business Class Airline, Best Long Haul Airline, Best Economy Class & Best Economy Class Onboard Catering