Have you ever spent all night pinterest-ing the places you dreamed of visiting one day? And did the ‘one day’ seemed far away? It did for me at least but I was determined to go through all of them one by one like a domino effect without stopping and having me, this time, being in the photo and, hanging it on my living room wall.
You don’t get to hear of South Tyrol much, at least where I’m from. But you can read here all about it. But it’s easy to convince someone on traveling there if you are into exclusivity, nature and enjoy the peace and simple life. But, like all other beautiful places, you have a number of choices of places to stay at. I have to be honest when I say that I didn’t google much on places to stay in South Tyrol, I just accepted Colin’s invitation to stay at Alpen Palace Deluxe Suite when he found out I was going to be there with my family for 5 days.
It’s exactly how you would picture it to be. Coming out of a two piece middle fold magazine yet very traditional and incredibly well managed.
The 5 star hotel is in the Ahrntal Valley, the valley of the three-thousand metre mountains, a paradise for activities and a region of culture, is located in the northern part of South Tyrol – right where the south side of the Zillertal Alps meets the foothills of the Dolomites, where the adventure mountains of the region are inspiring, entertaining events characterize the Alpine year and a wide variety of activities lure you out into the fresh air.
I’ve never seen anything like it. I considered myself well traveled, but the world keeps surprising me over and over again.
Here are the 10 reasons why Alpen Palace Resort & Spa is where you need to be in 2016
Travel Junkie Diary
- For many years the Ahrntal Valley has been a real paradise for climbers and paragliders, during which the landscape can be discovered from a completely different perspective. Things get adventurous during rafting too, and during a guided riding excursion in the superb natural surroundings.
- In winter the Klausberg & Speikboden and the Kronplatz inspire ski fans, families and free-stylers. You can organize with the hotel magical winter hikes, revitalizing cross-country tours and tobogganing you get to experience up close the magic of this deep snow-covered winter wonderland during your holiday in the Ahrntal Valley.
- All Bedrooms have Balconies/Terraces, Boutique, Country, Garden, Mountain.
- The SPA includes outdoor pool and Jacuzzi and many kinds of sauna and treatments inside!
- Alpen Palace Deluxe Suite Hotel was awarded the best spa and wellness hotel, so it’s the best place to book your spa retreat!
- Your complimentary pick up from the train station is always welcomed with a picnic basket with fruits, champagne and snacks
- The kitchen and cuisine is one of the best parts! Every evening, the hotel prepares a 7 course menu and on some evenings, they have a BBQ outdoor! South Tyrol is the foodie capital of Italy and home of the world’s best wines!
- You can hike and ski in the morning and swim and tan by noon at the hotel!
- A year round destination, the hotel hosts excursions daily…Snow, sun or rain! On days we took a bicycle from the hotel and toured around South Tyrol and the lakes, other days we went hiking.
- If you are ever looking for a magic land or a place you think never existed…this is it. Family vacation or couples retreat!
*Recommended for those traveling alone, with children, couples or a spa retreat