With 277 passenger and Cargo and 274 destinations, Turkish Airlines is one of the largest airline in the industry having Ankara, Istanbul as their hub. They pride in their network strengths which are: Europe, Russia, Central Asia, Far East Asia, the Middle East, Africa, North and South America and is aware of its responsibility of being a pioneer within its region.
Here are 10 Turkish Airlines Facts I learned during my business class flight to Bodrum!
Travel Junkie Diary
Turkish Airlines Facts
1) Voted as Europe’s best airline by Skytrax 2015 Passenger Preferences Ranking makes connecting flights much easier for you!
2) In 2014, Turkish Airlines has pursued aggressive expansion in Latin America, where it to tripled the size of its network to six destinations.
3) Turkish Airline is still relatively small player in the Latin America-Europe market but its launch of services to Bogota, Caracas, Havana and Mexico City is primarily targeted at the faster-growing and under-served Latin America-Asia market.
4) The airline is also offering the Colombian, Cuban, Mexican and Venezuelan markets the fastest connections to the Middle East, most of Asia and parts of Africa.
5) Turkish Airlines benefits heavily from its hub’s geographic location in Istanbul, one of world’s most popular cities set at a beneficiary juncture connecting East and West.
6) Turkish Airlines, ‘Europe’s Best Airline’ for the fifth year running, voted by passengers worldwide
7) The Turkish Airline lounge for business and comfort class passengers includes a children’s playground, library, billiards area, prayer room and teleconference section, the expansion has added more relaxation and shower space as well as additional massage beds.
8) On-board, Turkish Airlines offer travellers the opportunity to experience the Business Class, and on its Intercontinental flights, passengers feel the real restaurant service with the rich content and high quality in Business Class with A rich selection from hors d’oeuvres and soup service .
9) Turkish Airlines continues to utilize its “Flying Chefs” and the new catering concept which has recently been introduced to enrich the dining experience with “samovar” and “candle light” features on its long flights; and offer a cabin entertainment system which includes nearly 400 films and one thousand CD albums, as well as radio and news channels
10) Turkish Airlines has been chosen “Best Airline in Europe”, “Best Airline in Southern Europe” and awarded “World’s Best Business Class Airline Lounge”, and “World’s Best Business Class Lounge Dining” in 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards
For more details including flight schedules of Turkish Airlines, please visit www.turkishairlines.com, or contact the call centre on 800 035 70 4343 or visit any Turkish Airlines sales office.
Thank you for taking good care of me during my trip to Bodrum!