There are times in our lives, where we dream of running away to an island.
But why an island?
Is it just the open beach we crave for? Is that all? Are we all running away from something?
In this so called life we exist in, we do exactly that. Exist.
Being on an island puts our body, mind & soul into living mode. Being adventurous, forgetting all the intangible things in the world. Living for a purpose, getting lost only to find ourselves. Only then can we feel the rush in our veins, our heart beating faster for love, our eyes open to everything colorful and wonderful in this world. Our nose smelling the ocean. Tasting the spices and herbs, senses active. Only, and only then are we alive.
That is the reason we want to live for.
Our 19 things we learned being on an island.
1. The poor is rich. The rich is poor. (figure it out)
2. Surviving is a way of living, even fishing on a wooden stick on rough seas.
3. You start living. Not just existing.
4. You are free.
5. Audrey Hepburn once said “Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick to it”
6. You learn to want things you can have. (Rastafarian have it all)
7. You learn the things you cant have you don’t want them.
8. You learn to make the best out of a situation.
9. You learn to hear to the sound of snakes from far far away. ( YES! You would not want to learn that actually!)
10. You start to respect the living more. Every living.
11. You start to focus on the real sounds on earth. The ocean, the birds, the nature, the people.
12. You learn to trust yourself.
13. You learn to let go.
14. Time is only what you make of it. Its no longer a watch on your wrist. Time stands still. (Try driving around Sri Lanka)
15. Laughter is in everything. It is the way you see things.
16. You learn to fight for your life.
17. You learn to breathe in. You learn to breathe out.
18. You value your life. You value others. You value sunrise and sunset.
19. You learn to love.