We are so consumed with the idea of keeping the kids entertained that there are so many options today than there ever was in my generation! Every season, a new activity and genre of entertainment is being born, making it a world for the children! Hopefully less iPads and computer games and more nature and outdoor activities. Intellectual activities, reading, exercising etc. Luckily for me, I have adopted the no iPad or TV rule when we travel so that makes it super easy for her to accept the fact that she has no choice but to participate in every single activity! During my visit to Mauritius, I had done tons of research on adventure holidays in Mauritius for the children and things to do with kids Mauritius, and was very lucky because I had chosen the resorts to stay in, that are super friendly with kids, so, here is a list of the wonderful activities for kids in Mauritius. I booked some of the activities through Kreola a destination tour agency which was super professional and wonderful to work with!
Always remember the bring sunscreen and don’t pack the iPad! Please, do not support of visit any wildlife activities that allows you to walk with them or take selfies with them.
Adventure Holidays in Mauritius: Activities for Kids in Mauritius
- Zip Lining in Domaine de L’etoile – An incredible experience in Mauritius for children from age experiencing the adrenalin rush in nature! The activity can be done with a parent attaching onto each other’s harness, or alone!
- Buggy Ride or Quad Biking – For a certain age group, Quad biking is not allowed for safety reasons so we opted for buggy ride which is in my opinion way more fun! Booked through Kreola and did our activities in Domaine de L’etoile.
- Kids Fun Village – A fun village in Mauritius for children from 3 years to 12 years old. From Trampolines to treetop adventures, mini quad biking and much more!
- Cooking classes – While staying at Constance Prince Maurice, my 6 year old and I decide to take a sushi cooking class. It was difficult at first watching the chef cut the salmon open but once we started to roll, we had lots of fun! You can also book pizza making or even bake!
- Swimming with the Dolphins – Kreola is a travel specialist where they helped us book our day trips. They offer swimming with the dolphins as part of a tour packge and kids LOVE IT! Dolphins are in the wild ofcourse and it is not guaranteed that you always see them but Kreola always organizes the trips very early in the morning, because that is when the possibility to see the dolphins are higher.
- Water Ski – One of the most fun activities in the water for children! You have a choice of skiis or to sit in an inflated balloon which looks so comfortable and kids love being dragged through the water.
- Hiking – A great way to wake up and learn about nature, get the excecrise going and to explore. Hiking is an excellent adventure activity in Mauritius for kids because they get to learn about mother nature and you also have some quality time with them! Just remember to always bring water with you and a good cap!
- Picnic at Isle Aux Cerfs – A day well spent here! Book with Kreola on the ‘one love’ boat or the catamaran which both are safe and fun for children and visit Isle Aux Cerf for a day out in the sun, picnic and lots of water sports activities for kids and on land activities.
- Solar Under Sea Walking – We have not personally tried this but for any children older than 5 years old then this should be one crazy experience!
- BBQ nights at Constance Prince Maurice – One of the activities I loved for kids in Mauritius while staying at Constance Prince Maurice is the BBQ night theme they had on for one night for 6:30pm to 9:00pm. The kids had a special evening planned for them with bbq under the stars and a movie night! It made my daughter feel super special with her night out with her friends
- Tennis – A sport that is widely played in Mauritius. You can even book your own private instructor.
- Feeding the fish – As simple as this may sound, every night and every morning, chloe would go out the reception of Shangri-La Le Touessrok Resort and Spa and feed the fish in the pond!
- Chocolate wrap massage – A fun thing to do for mommy and me is the chocolate wrap and massage at Shangri-La Le Touessrok Resort and Spa – We ended up laughing the whole time and by the time our massage ended, we had already slept through!
- Blue Safari – In Mauritius, you get to enjoy the underwater in a submarine in Trou Aux Biches in the North-Western part of Mauritius. Just make sure that it is a clear day with almost no wind at all, otherwise, visibility will be poor and too much shaking of the submarine can make your little one feel a little sick.
- The Botanical Garden in Pamplemousse – A beautiful walk through the garden educating the little ones. Make sure you also hire a tour guide as it is much more enlightening with information! There are also no food or drinks or restaurants so make sure you get your own!