Cruising is simply a more relaxing way to travel. By cutting out the hassle of airport security, transfers and planning your itinerary, Royal Caribbean International’s luxury ships mean you can enjoy a stress-free holiday to discover the world from the comfort of your room.
If you’re a first-time cruiser and whatever the length of your cruise, you can make the most of your trip aboard any of the ships, thanks to Royal Caribbean International’s crew who have put together the top 10 tips to make the most of your cruising experience.
- Try to arrive the day before ship leaves so you don’t feel frazzled and hurried.
- Don’t try to do everything or you will enjoy nothing. There is something happening constantly and you can quickly overwhelm yourself. Relax; if this is your first cruise, focus on the “highlights” they publish. They know those things will give most newbies a great vacation and it will allow you to get your bearings for the next one!
- Use the nursery on the ship when you have an infant this is a great way to get some one-on-one time with your partner and will certainly help in convincing your significant other to take a cruise.
- Unpack completely! The rooms are small but they have great storage space. Unpacking and keeping things in their place will make your room more relaxing. Also, bring something to store your dirty clothes or alternately store them in your suitcase.
- Pre-purchase and pre-book everything you can via the Cruise Planner. This will mean less time wasted in lines while onboard and less stress. If you don’t manage to do this, make sure you reserve your dinners/shows when you board the ship.
- For ladies, take a pashmina. It doesn’t take up much room in your suitcase and it comes in handy to keep you warm on the deck or at shows and to put over your head when it is windy. Sailing can be chilly at night. Or alternately, sweaters and jackets; embrace that layered look and make sure you carry something for warmth and something in case it rains.
- Explore the ship and don’t be shy to meet people from different places. Cruisers come from all around the world to experience life afloat. Find the unique things on your cruise ship that makes cruising more enjoyable; such as different foods that you normally would not try. Remember it is a vacation and just go with the flow.
- Backpacks: small backpackers or totes can be quite useful for carrying cameras, books sunscreen, water bottles and other items around the ship or in port.
- Don’t forget to check about foreign country and onboard roaming charges before you turn your phone on mid-cruise; if you bring a laptop or plan on accessing Wi-Fi, enquire about potentially hefty Internet usage rates onboard before logging on. Minimise charge use where possible or bring one charger for multiple units.
- And last but not least, when in doubt, always ask. The worst that can happen is that they say no.
About Royal Caribbean Arabia
Royal Caribbean Arabia has been championing the world’s most innovative and state-of-the-art cruise experiences for over a decade, and a representative of Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises.
For additional information or reservations visit www.royalcaribbean.ae