Miniloc Island Resort , El Nido | Philippines
If you ever decide to travel to the Philippines, you have to visit Miniloc Island Resort, El Nido. To reach this marvelous island, travel time is approximately 55-minutes using a 50-seater ATR aircraft from Manila. From there a 45-minute boat ride follows to take guests to the magic of Miniloc Island Resort. One traveler said “to reach the entrance to this little lagoon on Miniloc Island you travel through the break in the cliff, making your way past reefs and dreamlike water.” Producers of Survivor, The Amazing Race or the latest Jason Bourne film, shot the final scenes of its movie in the waters nearby. It belongs to the best travel destination in the Philippines.
Travel in virtually any direction from town, and you’ll discover hidden lagoons, secluded beaches, waterfalls, hot springs, and a myriad of jungle-draped islands pulled right out of Robinson Crusoe. Snorkeling is spectacular, as is the diving nearby.
Most hotels and numerous tour operators can book an island hopping trip, which can be taken privately or by selecting one of four available options. The cost is between $15 and $30 and includes a barbeque lunch on the beach. Check out El Nido Resorts – for activities, from soft adventure sports to more leisurely pursuits, are arranged according to guest preferences.
- Guided tour at the Big Lagoon
- Kayak in the small lagoon
- Snorkel at the Miniloc house reef
- Swim with their 1.5 meter jackfish
- Introductory dive
- Photograph Snake Island’s sandbar
- Explore Cudugnon Cave
- Sunset cruise or cocktails at the Wreck Bar
- Bottom fishing
- Mangrove tour and birdwatching (subject to tide)
- Introductory rock climb
- Sunbathe in over 100 private locations
- Learn to windsurf at the resorts
- Hobie cat sail around the islands
- Kayak at your leisure at their three islands
- Pedal boat at the resorts.
- Volleyball and badminton at the beach clubs
Tip – Electricity (220 volts, 60 cycles) is available 24 hours. Outlets are for plugs with two flat prongs.Transformers and adapters are available at the resort.