Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens
On the sophisticated Athens Riviera
The Four Seasons's Brand New Opening
The Four Seasons has just opened in the most luxurious part of Athens, in the Athenian Riviera, a new era for the global brand Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel with many of its people and staff from local islands and from the capital, transforming this majestic hotel and bringing it back to its Greek authenticity.
I arrived on the 3pm flight from Dubai to Athens and was welcomed by my private chauffeur limousine who gave me the run down on the many reasons to fall in love with Athens. From crystal clear beaches, Historical sites, food, culture and the Arts.
30 minutes to the hotel went by so fast, as I was checked into my room at the Arion building, room 101, facing the breathtaking Athenian Riviera with the pool. It is much more laid-back on this side and it was definitely a preference for me since I was traveling alone.
I was invited to celebrate the opening of the former Astir Palace Hotel, now Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel 30 hectares of lush seaside landscape on the shores of the Athenian Riviera and the first Four Seasons Hotel in Greece with hotel veteran, Sam Ioannidis, General Manager, who returned back to his roots, has a great reputation of establishing a new hotel and successfully bringing it to life while embracing the local community.
I spent my 3 days exploring (almost) every aspect of the hotel, the restaurants, the spa and took a boat trip on the Athenian Riviera to the Poseidon Temple where we climbed to the top and back down, where we had a quintessential Greek lunch by the sea.
One of the 3 swimming pools. This particular view is from Arion building which is more laid-back
The pool facing the sea from the bungalow room view
Taken at sunset at Nafsika pool, one of the 3 pools
It was an easy four and a half hour flight with EK from Dubai to Athens. Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel in Athens is located on a peninsula just 30 minutes from the city centre and a half hour from Athens International Airport, Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel is the ideal choice for travellers who want to experience the best of ancient and modern Greece, weekenders from Athens or the region, families looking for a holiday that can be both educational and fun, and of course, couples who want to explore one of the world’s most romantic destinations.
The hotel sent a private transfer for me, which of course, like every Four Season Hotel, has wifi in the car so you don’t have any fear of being disconnected!
What I Loved
- Sunset Sail every evening
- The Spa
- Only 30 minutes away from the airport
- Sailing options to Poseidon Temple and Island hopping in the Athenian Riviera, also the chance to visit the Cyclades Island such as Mykonos (three hour away by boat)
- The hotel could also accommodate an overnight stay on the boat
- Many restaurant choices, eight to be exact!
- The beautiful light blue and white rooms with marble toilets
- The babysitting service and the kids club
- The three private beaches
What You Need to Know
- There are three buildings, Arion and Nafsika and The Bungalows
- The Bungalows are the most private accommodation with a swimming pool facing the Athenian Sea
- At Arion with its modernist architecture and retro-chic design, guests will find a laid back vibe expressed in breezy rooms and suites. Four of the Hotel’s restaurants and lounges are also here, along with the Spa and indoor pool.
- At Nafsika, azure sea views dominate every room and suite – including some with private pool. The social hub Avra Lounge and Terrace is here along with two other restaurants, the fitness centre and several luxury boutiques.
- The Fountain House is the hydrotherapy zone inspired by ancient Greek traditions updated in state-of-the-art facilities that include an aroma steam grotto, hammam, vitality pool and chill showers
- The Den (Kids club) is open till from 9am to 9pm
- Concierge can organize any activity you are looking for and advise you on the best things to do.
- Pack sunblock!
- Free WiFi
- Yacht Catering
- Limousine transfers
- Kids Club
- Room Service
- Standard Internet
- Non-Motorized Sports
- Luxury Bath Amenities
- Twice Daily Housekeeping
The Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens offers 8 unique dining concept and we have tried 4 of them and they are delicious!!
Mercato Mouth watering Italian trattoria open all day! We had a on the table starting with Risotto, Pizzas, Salads, Burrata, Grilled Fish and Tiramisu! Make sure you order the Burrata and the fish!
Taverna 37 share beloved Greek favourites at the beachside. Fun and vibrant, the beachfront taverna is open seasonally and showcases local Greek specialties. Share mezzes and salads, grilled lamb, chicken souvlaki and fried calamari. Toast the day with ouzo or tsipouro.
Helios A chill poolside with tapas and cocktails at the Latin American grill, serving tapas, tostadas and burgers, along with frozen margaritas and pisco sours. Sunset brings a live DJ – with Latin musicians later at night.
Pelages Where the day’s best Aegean fish and seafood prepared to order
Astron Lounge and Terrace For light fare, afternoon tea and cocktails
Avra Lounge and Terrace and the Hotel’s homage to the Astir Palace’s golden age at Aristotle’s cigar and cognac lounge.
Liked this article? Click Share below and Save it on Pinterest!