Meeting Natalie Alison at The Ritz- Carlton in Vienna was an interesting encounter. I did not realize that Yoga was not practiced much in the city despite it’s wonderful attempts and success to have everything you eat, drink and smell healthy. If you are ever in Vienna and looking for a Yoga instructor, you can find her at the rooftop of The Ritz in Vienna practicing if its not too cold or follow her schedule on the link below.
Here are a few ways in Vienna you can do in order to maintain a healthy mind and body
Staying Healthy in Vienna with a Yogi
- Practice gratitude (in German “Dankbarkeit”) A healthy attitude in life is one of the most important points. When life gets stressful and you feel overwhelmed, it is always good to take a step back and count your blessings. Also living in the moment is part of that. If you see a butterfly fly by, take a second to see it and enjoy its beauty.
- Cycle around to get to where you want to be It’s the easiest, fastest and healthiest way after walking!
- Go for a walk 3 years ago a poodle Elvis came into my life and turned it upside down. We walk a lot together! I love this quiet moments with him in nature. Fresh air clears your head and recharges you. Vienna is a perfect place for beautiful walks.
- Yoga Practice Yoga. The benefits of yoga for our balance – body, breath and mind get in-tuned and one feels the difference the practice makes instantly. Also habitual postural habits can get reversed with can lessens back and neck pains. So if you are in Vienna, come join me for a private yoga session specifically cut out just for you or come to a group class. My schedule is available here. At the wonderful Ritz-Carlton in Vienna I teach yoga also on the roof top and guest can enjoy the spa and pool afterwards.
- Eat healthy food It’s simple and easy to find this in Vienna. Every grocery store has a section with organic and seasonal fruits and vegetables. That is also part of living a balanced life. You cannot always live too disciplined though, you can have once a week a cheat day. Here are some great options and vegan too!
Natalie Alison, is an actress and yoga-instructor from Vienna, Austria and took her 500 hour yoga teacher training in 2013-2014 in Los Angeles with YogaWorks. Natalie also believe that the universe, the planets have a strong impact on us.
I study astrology and use it on order to use periods of a lot of work, of breaks, of opportunities opening up etc. to their fullest potential.
She offers astrological consultations on her website. “Start new things when there is a new moon, be careful when there is a full moon etc. And I also found out that biorhythms are very accurate for me. They indicate your intellectual, emotional and physical rhythm of ups and downs.”