It’s never going to be the right time. The right time to travel, the right time to buy a house, to get married, to make babies or even the right time to invest, what’s worse…scratch that, what’s lethal, is never the right time to live the dream you always dreamed of. We are always busy, something always comes in the way, without even noticing, our life will pass us by and no, it’s not ok. At least for most of us, it’s not ok. All things do come for those who wait, provided they know what they are waiting for and they are doing something about it.
Far too often, we think of travel as a way of relaxation and something to break free from, your job for example.You are approaching it the wrong way. Travel needs to be part of your life to grow, to love, to live and to feel that beating heart of yours. Travel should not only be done once a year for 2 weeks/10 days. For me, travel is the only way I can express myself, travel is the only thing I know. It is what I am meant to do. Meet people. Talk to them, discover the earth just as I was born into it. I am at its calling. I am drawn to it.
1. Find your weaknesses and strength – There were many times during my travel moments that I though to myself “why am I doing this? Clearly I am not good at it” Sometimes the experience itself seemed a bad idea at the time but once it’s done, I would desperately want more. I realize the many different ways I could have approached the situation and how I take this as a learning lesson. I believe in love, I believe people can make mistakes, I believe people can want two things at once and I believe people are selfish and generous at the same time, I believe very few want to hurt others and I believe how much you can surprise yourself.
2. Fall in love – To love unconditionally. I have fallen deeply in love with myself over and over again. You would think this point was to fall in love with others. It is not that kind of point. To fall in love with myself taught me so much. Especially for a person like me, who at one time was extremely insecure. It is amazing what the human body can stand when you put pressure. If you wanted to do something absolutely honest, something true, it always needs to be done alone, by your beautiful self. Learn how strong you really are and you will realize that the word love or alone can be less frighting and you will discover a richer, deeper, more colorful you.
3. The best things that happen to you are usually the ones that happen at random – One of the reasons that we end up taking life for granted, is that we become insensitive to life. Because we live through memory, through our conditioning’s, we take life, which is dynamic in nature and turn it into something static. We try to make life certain, when uncertainty is it’s basis. We end up taking the color out of life.
4. Quiet time – Travel to me is also quiet time. In midst of it all, I find peace and quiet on planes, on train rides, on slopes, at the beach or even in long car rides. The world gets quieter, I need quiet, I pray for quiet sometimes. It’s so quiet here that you can almost hear people’s dreams.
5. Practicing acceptance – I travel to escape, as most of us do. But, my escape teaches me things. It teaches me to accept the things I cannot accept. It helps me to let go of the moments that are not mine. We all have our battles, we all have our cause and sometimes, when your hearts beats stronger than your mind, travel can bring you two steps back and teach you to take a deep breath and let go of what does not belong to you. That’s what I have accepted.